The most vulnerable youth receive encouragement and opportunities resulting in healthy, well-educated citizens with high self-esteem and personal and professional goals, who successfully contribute to our local community and economy.
The Foundation’s mission is to act as a catalyst to enhance the quality of life in Santa Clara County, California through charitable giving to support at-risk Kindergarten -12th grade youth and their families through education and the arts.
- Addressing barriers to educational achievement for at-risk youth, such as limited English language skills and poverty, is essential to closing the persistent achievement gap and creating economic opportunity.
- A robust and sophisticated performance measurement system is essential to ensure that we establish achievable performance benchmarks and track progress towards identified goals, reflected in improved student test scores, high school graduation rates, and college readiness.
- Innovative partnerships among high-quality organizations that address educational barriers and enhance curriculum offered during the school day are essential to meet the social and emotional needs that enable students to achieve their educational goals.
- Engaging families is a key factor in strengthening the resiliency of youth, resulting in improved opportunities.
- Access to the arts enhances a child’s development, fostering academic achievement and increasing the motivation to learn, particularly among low-income and other at-risk students.